DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Medical Laboratory Technician is expected to practice safe and ethical duties within his/her scope of practice. The Medical Laboratory Technician should understand his/her own imitations, seeking advice and assistance when necessary. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform laboratory tests such as hematology, hemostasis, chemistry, Immunology, microbiology, Blood group and Rhesus, blood compatibility testing for blood transfusions according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Report the test results in accuracy, reliable and timely manner to the clinicians and clients.
- Perform daily Internal Quality Control (IQC) of all laboratory tests and plot in IQC L-J chart before performing patient samples, perform corrective action of all rule violation detected and maintain record.
- Perform External Quality Assessment/Proficiency Testing (EQA/PT) samples and corrective action on unacceptable results from EQA/PT provider and maintain records.
- Develop relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs), process and job aid.
- Provide training to all labs staff, and nurse as needed.
- Organizes laboratory stocks and maintains and update stock cards and inventory system.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and three-monthly equipment maintenance and maintain record and perform action based on trouble shooting guide on any problem encounter on analyzer.
- Participate in implementing Laboratory Quality Management System in the laboratory
- Receive sample, check sample quality, and prepare sample for testing
- Properly and safely disposes of hazardous and infectious waste and materials.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly activities report to the laboratory supervisor and manager.
- Monitor the temperatures of room, refrigerator and freezer and record keeping.
- Answers and responds to patient, physician, and vendor questions and concerns.
- Updates and maintains knowledge base by attending training workshops, reading, and participating in professional organizations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by laboratory supervisor and manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in science related filed, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Pharmacist, and associate degree of a Medical Laboratory Technologist
- At least three-years working experience in clinical laboratory related to Hematology, Biochemistry, serology, blood bank, and laboratory quality management system.
- At least one-year experiences in writing SOPs, process related to laboratory management, technical testing, equipment, and biosafety.
- Fluent in speaking, writing in English
- Proficient in computer, office equipment and electronic medical
- Good communication skill (ability to interact with relevant personnels smoothly)
- Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work loads
- Ability to work in a fast past environment and complete assigned tasks to meet deadlines
How to apply:
Please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 016 366 575 / 098 888 742