- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. title: nurse, registered
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform CPR or other emergency measures if needed
- Work with clinicians and nurses to provide quality of care and patient safety in the hospital which includes: safe, effective, patient-centred, timely, efficient and equitable. In addition, ISO, JCI etc will be part of the QSM responsibilities.
- Overseas the FMS and Security of the hospital and build up the BME (Biomedical Engineering) capabilities
- Carry out project tasking assigned by deputy/director of nursing
- Graduated degree in Nurse and doctors of medicine
- Knowledge of developing policies, procedures and work instructions
- Compassionate and good patient relationship & customer service oriented
- Knowledge of health care administration systems.
- Skilled in building and maintaining interpersonal relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and supervising.
- Skilled in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision making.
- Ability to work under stress, interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Ability to understand financial reports.
- Ability to exercise professionalism in dealing with all levels of personnel.
- Good domain knowledge in estate and facilities management and handling contracts
- Comfortable with crisis & business contingency management and project management
- Familiar with local regulatory requirements relating to safety, security, building and environmental standards
How to apply:
Please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact 016 366 575 / 098 888 742